A Fully Rebuilt Transformerless 990 and an Unmodified 991 SDC as a bonus!
We replaced the tiny capsule in the 990 with a k47 style LDC. The electronics are replaced with our own jaSb all-discrete circuit with optional internal pattern switch.
Harsh, sibilant high-end becomes smooth and silky. Thin bottom end becomes full. In the middle is a great harmonic richness that works well on almost anything you throw at it.
The 990 the great sound and performance of any of our other transformerless builds.
- k47 Style Large Diaphragm Capsule
- jsSb Circuit Board with optional internal pattern switch (omni/cardioid)
- Matte Red paint finish
The 991 is stock and unmodified. Comes with MXL hard case and hard-mounts for both mics.
- Mic-Parts improved headbasket for the 990 (looks better, sounds better)
- Boseen Spider Style Shockmount (there is no stock MXL shockmount)
- Internal pattern switch is accessed by unscrewing the body cylinder. In omni mode the signal level of the mic decreases about 6dB.
- The Mic Parts Headbasket does not have a Cardioid Emblem on the front as seen in some photos
- The 991 can drastically improved by swapping the capsule with a SDC capsule from mic-parts.
Contact me if you have any questions about the mic.