This is a finished rebuilt MXL990 – in stock, tested and ready to ship.
Harsh, sibilant high-end becomes smooth and silky. Thin bottom end becomes full. In the middle is a great harmonic richness that works well on almost anything you throw at it.
This 990 rebuild has the full upgrade treatment including:
- k47 Style Large Diaphragm Capsule
- jsSb Circuit Board with optional internal pattern switch
- Matte Red paint finish
- Mic-Parts improved headbasket (pictured) – looks and sounds better
Includes MXL hard Case
- Internal pattern switch is accessed by unscrewing the body cylinder. In omni mode the signal level of the mic decreases about 6dB.
- The Mic Parts Headbasket does not have a Cardioid Emblem on the front as seen in some photos
- The Stock MXL 990 Shockmount is horrible and using it places your fine new microphone in great peril! Depending on the selected option, your mic may ship with one. I strongly suggest finding a better option such as the Boseen Spider mount or the Rycote USM-VB.
Contact me if you have any questions about the mic.