This is a Mod / Rebuild of your microphone.
The standard MXL mass-produced circuit board is replaced with our BFM Transformer-Coupled Circuit and high quality Transformer. We replace the small stock MXL capsule with a quality LDC. Circuit and Capsule are carefully connected with point-to-point wiring. These are not kits from mic-parts or others.
Harsh, sibilant high-end becomes smooth and silky. Thin bottom end becomes full. In the middle is a great harmonic richness that works well on almost anything you throw at it. The stock MXL headbasket can be left alone, Improved or Replaced. We can improve it by removing some of the inner mesh layers. We can swap it out with a high quality replacement from mic-parts.com (subject to availability).
- Replace MXL SDC capsule with a K47-style or CK12-style LDC
- Replace MXL Electronics with our fully discrete BFM Transformer-Coupled Circuit.
- Choice of 3UAudio, CineMag or AMI Transformer
- Internal Cardioid/Omni Pattern Switch.
- Improve the existing Headbasket by removing screen layers.
- Replace existing Headbasket with one from Mic-Parts
Contact me first if you have any questions about the upgrade or the options.
There is a modest drop in output level when putting the mic in omni mode with the internal pattern switch