This is a rebuild of YOUR transformerless microphone which will convert it to a transformer coupled mic.
Since this covers a variety of different mics, please contact me before purchasing.
Your low-end, low-cost mic is transformed into a very solid performer – with a little extra Transformer Mojo. Harsh, sibilant high-end becomes smooth and silky. Thin bottom end becomes full. In the middle is a great harmonic richness that works well on almost anything you throw at it. The transformer brings some fantastic dynamics and saturation characteristics.
- k47 style Brass Ring or CK12-style* Capsule in Custom Mounting Cradle
- All-discrete BFM transformer coupled circuit (Cardioid only)
- Transformer mounting board
- Internal Cardioid/Omni Pattern Switch (you must open the mic to access it)
- CineMag (USA) 5722w. This is a very high quality transformer which is still moderately priced. It has a very full, even tone with great harmonic content and transformer crunch. Probably the best choice overall for most applications
- The Tab-Funkenwerk (USA) T12 style. This is a more expensive transformer. It has a massively fat and full low and low-mid response. Although it has great high frequency response, you may perceive the overall tone as slightly dark because of the extra full lows and low-mids.
*CK12 capsule may not fit in all mics.